I’m excited this month because September is the anniversary month of my yoga journey. I am also excited because it is also National Yoga Awareness Month. National Yoga Awareness Month is an annual campaign that was created in 2008, by the Department of Health and Human Services that was designed to acknowledge and share the many health benefits of yoga.
During the month of September, there are often an abundance of offerings involving yoga related activities that can be found. As a result, it is a good time to find discounts and promotions on yoga classes, equipment, supplies, clothing, and the like.
Some of my favorite ways to celebrate National Yoga Awareness Month include:
- Participating in a yoga challenge.
- Trying a new style of yoga.
- Making a commitment to your yoga practice.
- Taking a yoga class. (Many of which, now, can be taken virtually).
- Purchasing a new item to help you in your yoga practice.
- Getting to know more about yoga by reading a book covering the topic of yoga.
- Practicing an asana that you find challenging.
- Sharing the benefits of yoga with others.
- Taking or sharing photos of your yoga asana progress.
- Strengthening the non-asana part of your yoga practice.
- Practicing yoga with a friend.
For anyone looking to begin a healthier lifestyle that includes implementing a yoga practice, this is a great month to begin.
I hope that one or more of the ideas that I have presented help inspire you to try yoga, if you have never done so.
Or, perhaps assist you in finding ways to strengthen your yoga practice. Namaste.
Thank you for reading.
Until the next post…