Happy Earth Day 2021!
I hope that you were able to get outside today to enjoy a little bit of our beautiful planet’s natural offerings. I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy a short hike today, which as you may already know, I love doing. I am glad that the weather is warming up and that, albeit slow, we’re all moving toward doing our best to get Covid-19 under control so that we can all get back to our definition of “normal living.”
Going outside to enjoy nature is just one of the things that I do to celebrate Earth Day each year; and I’ve compiled a list of 13 of my favorite Earth Day activities to share with you. These are also great everyday selfcare activities to do during any time of the year as well. Enjoy!
- Visit a state or national park (physically or virtually).
- Go hiking.
- Do a little earthing or forest bathing.
- Go for a walk in your neighborhood (solo, with someone, or walk your dog.)
- Watch a sunrise or sunset.
- Make a herbal face mask or hand scrub instead of buying one.
- Take a bath instead of showering to save water.
- Turn off your electronic devices for the day to save energy, and digitally detox at the same time.
- Enjoy plant based meals all day.
- Repot your plants that need it, divide those that have extra growth and start new plants and give them to family and friends as gifts.
- Cut flowers from your garden or buy them to bring nature’s beauty into your home space – just because.
- Make your own herbal tea with fresh herbs and plants such as chamomile, hibiscus, ginger, or peppermint.
- Meditate, do your yoga practice or any other exercise outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine.