This will be a very brief post. It’s a recipe for cauliflower and lentil tacos that I posted on Instagram in late September and have been meaning to share. This recipe is both vegan and ayurvedic. I hope that you enjoy this, easy to make, scrumptious “twist” on tacos as much as my husband and I did!
This recipe serves 1 – 2 people.
Grocery Shopping List
Pkg of 8 – 10 grain – free tortillas
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup of lentils
1 onion, yellow
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp sumac
1 bulb of garlic, fresh
4 limes, fresh (or bottled lime juice if you prefer)
1/2 cup of tahini, unsweetened / unsalted
1 cucumber, small
1 bunch of cilantro, fresh
1 bunch of radishes
Main Ingredients / Preparation
- Cook the lentils.
- Chop cauliflower into florets.
- Mince the two garlic cloves.
- Slice the yellow onion in half and dice 1/2 of the yellow onion.
- Slice the avocado into wedges.
- Heat stove to medium setting, and using tongs warm both sides of tortillas. Keep tortillas warm until ready to assemble tacos.
- Slice the cucumber.
- Slice radishes into thin slices.
- Chop the cilantro.
Sauce Ingredients / Preparation
- In a bowl mix tahini, sea salt, lime juice, warm water as follows:
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp of lime juice
- 4 tbsp warm water
- Mix until the consistency becomes thickened and set aside to for later.
Topping Ingredients / Preparation
- Set aside the pre-sliced and pre-chopped cucumbers, radishes and cilantro.
- Use the remaining half of the avocado wedges from other half of avocado as topping or garnish with the cucumbers, radishes and cilantro if you wish.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Add 2 tbsp of avocado oil to a medium saucepan on medium heat, then add the onions and garlic. Saute until browned.
Add the cooked lentils to the onion and garlic mixture with 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1/2 tsp sea salt.
Mix the cauliflower florets with 2 tbsp of avocado oil, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp sumac, 1 tsp cumin, and 1/4 tsp sea salt – in a large bowl and toss until cauliflower florets are sufficiently covered with seasoning mixture.
Pour seasoned cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet and place in a single layer across baking sheet.
Allow cauliflower to roast until brown for approximately 30 minutes, then remove from oven.
Take warmed tortillas and fill each one with a spread of lentils, then add cauliflower florets and add avocado slices for added flavor and texture.
Top with the tahini sauce and a bit of cilantro.
Garnish with cucumber slices, radish slices and more avocado and cilantro per your preference.
Sending you love and light.
Until the next post…